From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of J.Cyr
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:43 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: IPhone Email Questions

Good day,
I am having two problems with my email on the IPhone.

First, I have the one server and email account.  I mainly use my Email on my
primary device which is not my IPhone.  I have my mail set to delete from the
server when it downloads to this computer (my primary device), and not to
delete from the server on the IPhone.

My problems/questions are, that the phone is downloading mail  more than once
even after the message has gone to my primary computer and therefore is no
longer on the server.  Is there a way to stop this from happening?

And what makes that problem worse is although I have repeatedly checked and
followed all the instructions I could find (and tried a few variations) I have
been unable to delete the entire contents of my in-box.  I have "marked" the
messages in every way possible but nothing I do changes the delete button from
dimmed.  Is there some other background setting I need to change or something I
can fix so I can mark and delete all these messages at once?  It is time
consuming and very unpleasant to have to do them one at a time, and to have
gotten rid of a substantial number only to see them all come flooding back is
very frustrating.  (To be Extremely polite!)

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Joy

To post to this group, send email to