I know how you feel.  Up until IOS12.31 my ring tones would not sync at all.  I
ended up doing a clean install, and just putting apps the way I like them, and
that seemed to do the trick.  I now have over 1000 alerts and tones on my
phone, but that doesn’t even scratch the surface of how many I have.  Last I
checked it was over 6000, a great friend who I exchange media with gave me most
of them.  Good luck though.

User of just apple products, like to ask and answer without other topics?
That’s how it goes down in the “only Apple talk and support group”. Subscribe
here
only-apple-tns+subscr...@groups.io
Come talk just apple!