Dear Steve: & List:
What an example of badly written software!
They likely never considered what a blind hearing aid user would need!
Brian K. Lingard

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf of Steve
Matzura
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:04 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Anyone who uses hearing aids, please read

I just got some the day before yesterday from a company called Resound
(https://www.resound.com/en-us/hearing-aids/resound-hearing-aids/quattro).
This model is controllable from an iOS device, but wouldn't ya know it, turn
Voiceover on, and everything just falls over. The Smart-3D application goes
completely haywire with Voiceover in focus. It automatically changes programs
(hearing-aid profiles) in a round-robin fashion without any human interaction
and with no way to stop it, and there are two on-screen buttons which are
unlabeled and unresponsive when double-tapped. Of course, I wrote to the
manufacturer with details of the problem, and I got a very nice reply that said
that my message would be forwarded on to the developer for further action. Of
course, those messages always sound like black holes to me, so I thought I'd
take my troubles to the best place of which I could think--this list. If
anyone's familiar with these aids and this software, please sing out, with my
profound thanks in advance.