I would say face ID works for me about 50% of the time. for reasons unclear to
me, sometimes it will just completely not recognize my face and I have to reset
it. One thing that has helped me is to also set up the alternate face ID so
that essentially, it has two copies of my face. I know people say that it
should not matter if you are in a light or dark environment, but in my very
dark bedroom, it rarely recognizes my face. it certainly has gotten a lot
better with practice, but I don’t have quite the luck that Sieghard has had,
despite setting mine up per the instructions given on this list about six
months ago.

Sent from my iPhone