I was a little surprised, too, because there were so few comments after the event, but maybe that was because so much was already known before the event even started.

The AirPods sounded interesting, and I was surprised that the prices weren't higher for each of those models. And as far as that goes, I actually was expecting the 18 Pro models to cost more than what they did increase to.

On the other hand, though, because I was curious as to what the complete Apple iPhone lineup would look like after the event, I went in the Apple Store app and got a real shock. Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was indeed surprised to see the price increases on the older iPhones, especially the iPhone 16 and iPhone 17E. I mean, the folks looking for budget iPhones kind of got two slaps in the face, having to wait till the spring for the newer hardware, as well as $100 price increase if they want one of those older iPhones now.

Vicky Collins
USA

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2026, at 3:47 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <[email protected]> wrote:



Amazing, I remember that 15 years ago when there was an Apple Event there would have been several dozen messages by now.

 

So what did everybody think about the new toys, iPhone 18 Pro/Pro Max, iPhone Duo, Apple Watch 12 and Ultra 4?

Then there are the Airpods 5, they sound very nice and while I have Airpods 4 with ANC, the fact there now is a version where you can swipe on the stems to adjust volume like you can on Airpods Pro means I am definitely getting them.

 

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/BY5PR02MB69295B73A33FBE41FB6C3CF8C7B02%40BY5PR02MB6929.namprd02.prod.outlook.com.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/F00F3107-3320-43B9-97F0-AED01F17E483%40gmail.com.

Reply via email to