Hi, Bill,

It's actually badge, b a d g e. A badge in that context is a piece of
information displayed in a static way. For example, when you go to a folder on
your home screen and it shows the number of apps in that folder, that is very
similar to the way a badge displays information.

HtH,
Teresa

On the other hand, there are different fingers.