Hi,
Also, try holding the phone against you whilst you type. This helps to keep things more stable and your arms are also against you offering them some assistance.
Hope this helps,
Cokes.
At 16:10 05/02/2013, you wrote:
Barbara,

I've discovered other ways of holding it so be very experimental. My most comfortable is to hold with thumbs and little fingers on either side of the case, near to each end, and I find I can write both with screen facing me and facing away.

With the pod I prefer just to use thumbs and hold more with the hand, because it's thinner.

I have used both on the table but still don't like the curve action too much then. I also quite like using it on a cushion at a very slight angle.

Yea, play! Find the best one for you and you may find you change from time to time.

Carol P

On 05/02/2013 14:56, Barbara Wilson wrote:
I think the basic idea of the app is great, but the holding position has many flaws. It is hard to grip the phone, it is uncomfortable and your right hand blocks the sound of Voice Over coming from the speaker.

Just my personal thoughts.

Barbara

-----Original Message----- From: Eileen Misrahi
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 2:52 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Hand placement with Braille Touch

Hi,

I ant to concur with others that the way one uses Braille Touch is not using ergonomic principles. Hence, it places at least my right hand at jeopardy in possibly developing carpal tunnel. I believe the developers should take a serious look at creating a Perkins style layout for the app. Even though I am slow in braille processing, it is essential to find a solution to this issue. I have tried all sorts of different ways to position my hands,but after a few minutes my right hand begins to fatigue and hurt in the wrist. This issue has been discussed by others on this list, so I hope the developers of the app are listening. May be this will be fixed in the near future. There must be a good reason why all of the braille note takers and braille displays are manufacturers design the products with a horizontal layout.

Thanks for listening.

Eileen