Ok, let's think about this logically. Do you ever lay down on your back, fold
your hands across your chest or stomach, and interlock your fingers? I do. This
is a very common way of laying on your back. It is a very natural position, and
it is basically the position your hands are in when you use Braille Touch.

So, what is the difference? The difference is that you are not improperly
tensing your muscles. Take note of how hard you are squeezing the iPhone. Take
note of how firmly you are pressing your fingers against the screen.

As the developers note, if you use a case with your iPhone, you can more easily
grip the phone and place your fingers properly on the display.

Desiring a braille input method that is horizontal across the screen is a
separate issue. The nice thing about such an input method is it is what you are
use to. The problem with said input method is it cannot readily be used whilst
standing, but instead requires the iPhone to be placed on a flat surface. Also,
we do not know what sort of programming and testing will be required for the
developers to implement such a keyboard.

Anyone who feels they are developing RSI from using the app should, of course,
cease using the app immediately. The iPhone has a perfectly good and useable
touch screen keyboard. You can also connect any desired Bluetooth keyboard.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone