Hello,

At one time not so long ago, I had about thirty ring tones on my phone that
I had downloaded and synced successfully.  Unfortunately, when I went to add
some new ones, I lost everything that had already been on the phone.  The
tones still show up in my list of available tones.  I go into the device
list, select my iPhone, and then tab through until I get to tones, which I
check.  Further tabbing takes me to a "sync tones" check box.  If I check
it, iTunes says "Are you sure you do not want to sync tones?  All existing
tones on the phone Suzanne's iPhone will be removed."  I have the choice of
either a remove or a cancel button.  Since I have nothing to lose at this
point, I have tried checking the remove button and syncing.  Needless to
say, nothing happens, as everything is already wiped clean.  After that, I
repeat the same procedure.  This time, the phone lets me check the "sync
tones" box and I don't get that message.  I then keep tabbing to select all
tones and make sure that they are checked; then I press the sync button.  In
this case, iTunes gets stuck on the first step of syncing and I get a
message that the sync has failed.

A search of the list archives wasn't terribly helpful.  Is there any kind
soul who could help me figure this out?  I would be eternally grateful.

Suzanne