Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply, but in case you haven't figured it out already,
here is how the batteries should go in both in the indoor and outdoor module
of the weather station.

I assume you found the large round cover at the end of each module and that
there are 4 triple A batteries going into each, 2 openings with 2 batteries
in each. Since the modules are perfectly round, I'll describe this using the
clock face.

Turn the modules so that the 2 holes for the batteries are in the 6 o'clock
position (closest to you).

The 2 batteries in the left hand opening go in so that the little knob on
the battery is facing up.

The 2 batteries in the right hand opening go in so that the little knob is
facing down (the smooth end of the battery is up).

The indoor module should be plugged in using the included USB cable and USB
Wall Adapter, the batteries are for backup purposes only in case there is a
power outage.

Did you have to use the convenient OCR feature in Jaws to read the screens
of the setup wizard or did Netatmo make this accessible now?