I saw this very same thing last year when traveling in our motor home to
Billings Montana from Las Vegas Nevada.  It was over 1100 miles one way and we
came back through Yellowstone National park.  I watched my iPhone 4 with AT&T
go from 3G to LTE to No Coverage and back again.  It was pretty cool riding
down the road with my iPhone 4 and an earphone plugged into the headphone jack
because the output of the iPhone speaker isn't loud enough at 55 miles an hour.

I couldn't tell much difference between the 3G and the LTE when downloading.
Sense the iPhone 4 won't show 4G in the status indicator it won't matter.  When
I could get a signal though, I never had a problem sending text messages or
downloading mail.  The few times I visited web sites, I noticed no differences
at all.  Sense then, I bought the Amazon Basics Bluetooth wireless keyboard
when it was on sail for 26 bucks USD.  The only thing I use it for is email.
With it I can read and reply to email pretty much just I could at home.  That
doesn't mean though that the next road trip we take I won't take a laptop with
me.  My laptop delivers 10 and a half hours of battery power and it's fine for
watching movies I've converted to .AVI format and saved to it's hard drive.
-------

Regards,

Alan

Go Chicago Bears in 2013!

Teenagers; Tired of being harassed by your stupid parents?  Act now!!!!!  Move
out.  Get a job.  Pay your bills wile you still know everything.

Please click on:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~alanandsuzanne/
There, you'll find free files of my arrangements and performances played on
the Yamaha Tyros 1 keyboard.  The albums in Technics  format formerly on my
website are still available upon request.  Thanks for listening!