From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:15 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: brand new Iphone user! how do I?

I agree if you know to even ask for the glove compartment, but the touch
screen and the iPhone are so new to many users that I think it's OK to ask
for pointers to resources on how to get started. There are plenty of
podcasts and books out there especially written for the user new to the
iPhone, and I don't think there's anything wrong with someone asking for
that kind of information and getting pointed to those resources. One podcast
could answer literally dozens of specific questions that would come to the
list and be much more efficient for the new user than asking dozens of
specific questions on list and waiting for those answers.

I totally agree that questions to the list should be specific and subjects
should also be clear, but I think the new user, who doesn't even know where
to start, should feel free to ask for pointers to basic getting started
information, which is specific enough in it's own way.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail