I have an ipod touch. One day I forgot to turn on wi-fi before using itunes to transfer a book to my ipod. When I opened the bard mobile app, it chrashed. From this point in time I won't forget to turn wi-fi on before transferring a book. As long as I open the bard mobile app right after using itunes to do the transfer, get the download complete message, I know the book will play without internet connection.

-----Original Message----- From: Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2013 8:57 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: BARD Mobile app question

Did you have cellular access? Several people reported that during the
shutdown they could only play books they had either downloaded through
BARD Mobile or had started before the shutdown. they got authorization
errors whenever they tried to play a book they had transferred via
iTunes. You could also try the same experiment by turning on air plane
mode. It could also be that just by opening up BARD Mobile after the
transfer, the authorizations were verified, especially since you said
you got the download complete message just by opening up the BARD Mobile
app.