Formatting with Pages is tricky to get started, but it can do lots of
formatting, including foot notes. Just try googling footnote format in IOS
Pages or something similar.
As for storing recordings, why not put them in Drop Box? If they are on your
computer or a digital recorder, you can put them in Dropbox via your computer
and they will show up in Dropbox on your phone. And for future recordings, try
DropVox. That app records whatever and sends it immediately to Dropbox. And if
you are worried about space, you can get package deals for extra space. I have
a friend, for example, who gets a hundred gb for ten dollars. Putting the
recordings in Dropbox is a great way to save storage on your device. An
alternative I haven't looked into yet is called Open Drive, and supposedly
gives much more free space.
Jewel

Sent from my iPhone