Hello Robert,

In the centre of the top surface of the StandScan there is a round hole. You
place the iPhone's back camera over that hole, and ensure that the iPhone is
parallel to either the front edge if you're right-handed, or to the back edge
if you're left-handed. The Home button will be to the right if the iPhone is
placed in the front-right quadrant, or to the left if placed in the back-left
quadrant.

Cheers,

Anne