wants to restore his phone back to factory settings.
All you need to do is go to settings/general/reset/reset all settings.
I understand he is running version 7.12 and just want to start fresh.

On 11/2/2014 2:14 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Hi Sieghard

Yes, it is a good question.

Why If I am running IOs 7.1.2,  I want to reinstall IOs 7.1.2 again?

Well, it is because at the last days, I am looking some problems with my phone. For example, my iPhone is not telling me who is calling, and it is maybe around 3 weeks ago. Now, in the last 4 days, VO is crashing, no reason why.

More over, I am noticing some little problems using the phone, like the same problems that a reinstallation fix. But, I understand that because apple wants, I can not reinstall the same IOs 7.1.2 on my phone, when I didn’t install IOs 8?

It is true?

*From:*viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Sieghard Weitzel
*Sent:* Saturday, November 1, 2014 10:15 PM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* RE: restoring iPhone to the same IOs

Hi Pablo,

As Christopher pointed out, you can’t go to iOS 7 at this point. Just having the iOS 7.1.2 software file on your computer doesn’t do anything, if you want to manually restore from a downloaded IPSW file you have to use the Shift+Enter command on the Restore button. This will open a standard Windows Open File dialogue, here you would now browse to the folder where your IPSW file is located and you would select it. But as I said, this can only be done successfully if whichever IPSW file you have is still valid/signed by Apple.

If you don’t mind me asking, if you had iOS 7.1.2 on your 5S, why did you want to restore to the same software? Your only option now is to do a restore which means that the latest iOS version will be downloaded and your phone will be restored to iOS 8.1.