On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> I'm moving this to the vmsperl list as others may be interested or
> have helpful suggestions.

OK by me.

> >I'm flailing on XML::Parser 2.30, since it requires expat 1.95.1,
> >which doesn't have the standard makefile.pl like the rest of the
> >packages mentioned before.  The closest I've found is some notes
> >in the vmsperl mail archive that say to change makefile.pl and
> >descrip.mms with "insert stuff here".
> 
> That method died a natural death after, IIRC, XML::Parser 2.28, which
> included expat.  With the current versions (the ones you have) you
> build expat, which is not a Perl module at all, separately, and tell
> XML::Parser where to find it by passing the appropriate parameters to
> Makefile.PL on the command line.  The changes to the standard
> distributions of both expat and XML::Parser for VMS are at
> <http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/vmsperl/2001-01/msg00032.html>.

There lies the rub.  The changes mentioned include changes to
files that I didn't get with the expat I found on sourceforge,
namely descrip.mms, which isn't currently in the [.lib]
directory.  That means I'm probably missing some first step that
I haven't taken.  For instance, does configure need to be run,
and if so, how is it done?

Thanks,
Marty

Reply via email to