At 10:09 AM 3/20/2001 -0800, Marty Kuhrt wrote:
>On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Craig A. Berry wrote:
>  The changes to the standard
>> distributions of both expat and XML::Parser for VMS are at
>> <http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/vmsperl/2001-01/msg00032.html>.
>
>There lies the rub.  The changes mentioned include changes to
>files that I didn't get with the expat I found on sourceforge,
>namely descrip.mms, which isn't currently in the [.lib]
>directory. 


The changes are given in the form of a GNU unified diff, which means they can 
be applied using GNU patch.  Any file that does not exist in the directory 
tree being patched will be created.  Alternately you can create the file 
[.lib]descrip.mms, paste the text of the patch into it, and delete the plus 
signs from the first column.  Ditto for config.h, and possibly other files 
I'm forgetting at the moment.  IIRC the only existing file that is actually 
changed is expat.h, and possibly one other place where a signed integer was 
changed to unsigned.

Reply via email to