On 5/19/2012 2:56 AM, Nicholas Clark wrote:

Yes, this is the fun, and why it turns out that scp from VMS out to *nix
works, but not the other way. Pretty much every *nix is using OpenSSH,
whereas the VMS ssh is commercial ssh. OpenSSH has the original "scp"
command, which I think is actually the source code of "rcp" with some
edits. The rcp design is to have the same binary able to act as client and
server. OpenSSH also provides sftp.

<snip>

I am passing on the following information to the Office of VMS Programs:

It appears that the issue with SCP into TCPIP 5.7, is that it is trying to run the program TCPIP$SSH_SCP1.EXE, and generates that error message when it fails.

Which means that either that image is missing from the kit or it was never built.

From trying to substitute tcpip$ssh_scp2.exe for it, I get a different error about unexpected new-line.

This means that if the issue is more complicated than just the image accidentally left out of the TCPIP KIT, we could probably substitute an open source program by assigning the logical name TCPIP$SSH_SCP1 to it.

The OpenSSH project contains an SCP1 program that will probably work.

Regards,
-John