On May 16, 2012, at 11:36 AM, Mark Berryman wrote:

>> 1: Is there any easy way to get an scp2 client for Unix, so that I can scp
>>  to them? (And use editors remotely)
>
> SCP clients definitely work to VMS systems as I use them extensively.  It has
> been awhile since I set up a TCPIP Services system (I use Multinet myself)
> but, if you have any error messages or log files, especially from the VMS
> side, I may be able to help.

I'm almost positive scp only works with Multinet, not TCP/IP Services.  IIRC,
the HP scp server errors out with something about not talking SSH 1.0, only
2.0, but in fact it is its own fault for failing to recognize the 2.0 handshake
sent by the client.

If someone has a contrary example of using a modern scp client to talk to the
TCP/IP Services server, I'd love to know how to make it work.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigbe...@mac.com

 difficult than getting in."
                 Brad Leithauser