From: Peter Beckman <beck...@angryox.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 12:04 PM
To: Matthew Crocker <matt...@corp.crocker.com>
Cc: Pinchas Neiman <neimanpinc...@gmail.com>, Jawaid Bazyar
<jaw...@bazyar.net>, voiceops <voiceops@voiceops.org>
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] Voice Peering
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Crocker. Do not click links or
open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

STIR/SHAKEN does not delegate any authority to anyone.

It merely allows me to sign a call that I originate, so that someone else
can say "Oh this came from $COMPANY."

Besides, STIR/SHAKEN is done at the time of an origination call, it cannot
be "looked up" to see where to route a call.

The suggestion that STIR/SHAKEN could be used to authoritatively assign a
DID endpoint to someone demonstrates a lack of understanding in how it
works and what it does and does not do.

Beckman