I just had another idea.

Self sufficiency.

The idea is that with sufficient advances in 3D printers and robots.
And growing your own food in a personal multi level garden...
Maybe a goat to keep the grass short, provide milk and maybe eventually
meat...

Ok, that sounds like a stretch, but what about self sufficiency over 20 to
100 people?
Only really to share resources over enough land to have a range of cattle,
fruit tree types.

Each community could experiment with means of fair distribution.

John