Jed says:
*Probably that kind of conspicuous consumption will lose its charm. When
anyone can do such things, most people will not bother. I do not see
anything inherently pleasurable about living in a house with dozens of
empty rooms.*

I quite agree. I think currently it is the meaning those things represent,
the success, power and privilege all because scarcity is the default.

But money is like getting the high score in a computer game, it drives many
to make the most. Removing it from being required for most things or even
doing away with it all together might solve some ills.

It strikes me that in the end the only thing that can't ever be unlimited
is buying human attention.
Weather it be a therapist, coach/trainer or prostitute, sure technological
versions of all these things could exist but they could never be the same.

John