Ceramics, including aluminas, that are proton conductors are intentionally
doped in the grains with metals designed to provide a chemical transport of
hydrogen ions through the body, primarily at the grain boundaries (as I
understand it).  The CoorsTek AD-998 alumina is not designed for proton
transport, but there may be some small residual rate.  A leak through pores
would be a gross leak for hydrogen, particularly if the pressure really
turns out to approach 100 bar.

He leak testing is a standard way for evaluation of hermeticity, but the
test apparatus is usually fairly specific to the package being tested.  In
this case, the reaction tube is fairly large and may need a custom system
designed to do He leak testing.

Bob