Gigi DiMarco <gdmgdms...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From your short data presented I suppose it took 7 hours for the cooling
> liquid to reach a final stable average temperature.

I think it is an hour and a half, because the power is so low.

> From now on, the power transferred from the pump to the water exactly
> compensates the losses to the ambient.

 Yes.

> Some data are, however, missing in your announcement: what is the value of
> the ambient temperature in the last 28 hours?

As I said, the ambient average 16.67°C, min 15.93°C, max 17.30°C. Water -
Ambient = 1.39°C. HOWEVER, I do not trust this number. I have looked at the
data from other days when nothing was happening. I find that the water
temperature was very close to the value on this day, 17.8°C. But the Water
- Ambient ranged from 0.6°C to ~1°C. Furthermore, I measured large
differences in ambient temperature at different locations around the
reactor. I think this is because there are space heaters and fans running,
and there are warm and cold currents of air. Sometimes the ambient
thermocouple is sitting in stream of warm air, and sometimes it sits in
cold air. There is no way to know what the actual temperature difference
between the water and the air is. Fortunately, the reactor is a large body,
very well insulated, so it is exposed to a lot of air with a stable average
temperature.

You cannot use the ambient air temperature to do calorimetry with this
setup. You can only compare the water temperature to itself over time.