Any COP higher than 2 would be easy to detect with the setup I have
proposed. Also, it will silence one argument of the skeptics, that there is
no control in the LENR experiments (i.e. an easily verifiable null
hypothesis). One can always find problems with calorimetry... With two
reactors operating in about the same conditions, one with fuel and the
other without, if the reactor with fuel is significantly hotter than the
one without, we have excess heat present.

Alberto.