IMHO energetic particles are not happening because there are no gammas and only
minimal neutrons.  The distribution of energy occurs in small amounts, and it
takes a coherent to accomplish this..

Bob Cook

From: Eric Walker
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2015 6:38 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:LENR-forum: Claytor generates increased tritium with
Brillouin technique

This kind of work, in which tritium is generated, is very interesting.  An
important challenge is sorting out whether LENR is involved somehow.  Some are
quick to invoke normal "plasma fusion" with plasma-discharge systems of this
kind.  I think that is a reasonable initial assumption if neutron counts are
seen that are on the same order as the tritium.  I do not recall seeing this
happen in the plasma discharge experiments that I've looked at.  In general the
neutron counts are lower than the tritium by orders of magnitude, when both
have been measured at the same time.  Here I may simply be ignorant of the
literature or forgetting something.

Another possibility is that what is going on in the plasma-discharge
experiments involves LENR in some particular way.  My current favorite hunch is
that the reaction precursors somehow penetrate far into the electron cloud of a
lattice site, and that the many electrons to be found there provide a great
deal of screening.  In addition, the momentum of the resulting reaction, in
cases where a gamma would be produced, is perhaps shared with the lattice site
itself.  In the case of a nickel nucleus, the nucleus would get a good kick
with the energies involved, but it would not necessarily go flying off.

Eric