Yes I agree that non radiation is not the only thing and can have multiple
solutions - but it's a hint to narrow down the possibilities.

1. There is a photon traped inside that is kept there in a standing wave
and this is maintained with a time dependant sources in maxwell equatiions.
The only such sources, if we assume time dependance of exp(iwt), is sum
a(m,p)Ylm exp(piwt), p = +1 or -1 the radii of the sphere times |w| must
match a zero in spherical bessel j_l.

2. You need to be able to match meassured ionization energies

3. You need to nullify the electric field

4. the currents amd charge distribution needs to match the spin of the
electron - this will give you the nessesary current magnitude.

5. If you consider solid state objects a very normal deviation is cracks
and 2 dimensional interfaces - why not attribute a interface to matter.