Dave wrote:
"If my above thought process is accurate then a 1 volt source would be
capable of initiating 10 eV radiation if it can supply enough local heat to
the system and that energy of radiation is possible when the ion
recombines.  Perhaps we should not be too concerned about the source
voltage and instead concentrate upon the source power."

Yes.  The spot/seam welding technology upon which this is based is low
voltage, but very high current.  What is the reason to believe this is
anything beyond what would you see being emitted from a welder?

I did some tests with a lower power spot welder before.  Eventually, I
determined that water availability did not appear to effect the amount of
light emitted.  FWIW, Mills was using approx 5-6 times the input power.  I
didn't post it at the time, but I video recorded tests after drying the
material and electrodes with a propane torch.

http://www.lenr-coldfusion.com/2014/08/26/sun-cell-lite-testing/

Jack