From: Bob Higgins

*       Even still, Mills provided NO EVIDENCE for excess heat at all - zero,
zip, nada.  This doesn't mean he is not realizing excess heat, he simply
provided no evidence for it.

Yes. This was my main complaint in an earlier posting about the failings of
this demo. The entire demo is essentially meaningless since it shows no excess
energy. It is a PR hand-waving event with a show of pyrotechnics, followed by
the tin cup.

In fact, there are only two instances that I know of where Mills has provided
firm evidence of gain. This is probably due to the advice of his attorney - in
the event of an investor lawsuit.

In one of those – mentioned by Jack, he claimed a COP of about 2 and in the
other - which was electrolytic, the gain was about 1.5 which is about what
Thermacore saw, using his theory. AFAIK, he has never claimed more than COP~2
as actual fact, but far more as a (non-binding) possibility !

My bet is that in the Rossi report, to the extent it is believable, we will
also see a net COP in the range of 2 or less. Rossi will try to spin that
number, by showing that there were long periods of infinite COP. But, even if 2
is the limit for Ni-H… which there is reason to believe is the limit - that is
FANTASTIC. But is it rock solid gain for Rossi, or not?

A COP of 2, if it is real - will change the world, yet that Rossi has spent the
better part of the last decade trying to convince investors that much more is
possible.

Jones

Note: the underlying assumption here is that the most achievable form of gain
from Ni-H is NOT nuclear fusion. Mills’ theory or a version of it from someone
else (Homlid) may suggest one route. Nuclear fusion of course, has unlimited
COP but there is no reliable proof of it in Ni-H.