On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

The detection count was not as low as you seem to believe.  In spectrum 07
> there were almost 300,000 counts in a signal that we believe probably
> lasted only a minute or two. Suppose it was 2 minutes or 120 seconds.  That
> would come out to 2500 counts/second.  Compare that to ~55,000 counts of
> background in 14,160 seconds which is <4 counts per second.  That is a huge
> difference.

I think we are in agreement.  I had in mind that the absolute counts were
low in comparison to the excess heat that was being reported at one point
(COP 1.2), rather than that the counts were insignificant or at the
threshold of noise.

Also, the solid angle of the detector which was sufficiently removed so as
> to not suffer bad heating means that the overall total flux integrated over
> 4pi was sizeable.

This gets to the challenge of needing to show that the photons were sourced
from the live cell.  This would be made easier with time resolution of the
counts (which you mention) and a correlation with another dependent or
independent variable.  If not excess power, then perhaps something else.
 (Input power?)

Eric