As I understand the way Surface Plasmon Polaritons (SPP) work is that the
photon becomes entangled with the electron that is vibrating as a dipole
with a hole in the nickel lattice. The photons are accumulated in of
soliton physically displaced from the electrons which are still in the
nickel lattice. The SPPs only last between 10 to 100 picoseconds. The
solitons become disrupted and the entangled connection with the electron is
broken. The photon is now free to broadcast to the far field. The electron
never moves physically.

What this means is that the experimenter will only see photons in the x-ray
range. Electrons are not released from the lattice. There will be no
interaction between tungsten and electrons. Electrons do not gain energy
from the nucleus. The photon carries the nuclear binding energy provided by
nuclear disruption.

At low pumping levels, only x-ray carry energy and not infrared photons
since there is no downshifting of the EMF from x-rays down to infrared.

The entire LENR reaction is electromagnetic and the alpha's seen are a
result of nuclear disruption.