----- Original Message ----- From: "Taylor J. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: EarthTech's (Scott Little's) magic touch

<snip>
I place most of the blame for Scott's inabilty to reproduce
BLP's results on BLP's refusal to cooperte with Scott,
whose experimental work is the gold standard, as far as I'm
concerned.

Bah. Scott did two BLP experiments, one electrolytic [which I did not follow at the time] and one in gas phase. On a visit to Earth Tech several years ago [on another topic], Scott took me on a tour of his lab, and showed what he had done to test BLP's gas phase experiments. This involved the evaporation of KNO3 in the thermal reactor. He broke open an automobile tail lamp for a tungsted filament, and arranged a tiny boat uder it to contains some KNO3, and put the combination into a vacuum chanber with some hydrogrn introduced.

And saw no plasma nor excess heat.

No surprise. This is in no way "gold standard" work. In all fairness to Scott, whom I consider a gentleman, he is very good at calorimetry suitable for evaluating electrolytic cold fusion cells. Scott's BLP experiment did not include the necessary titanium dissociator.

Conrads, in Germany, did see the plasma with the KNO3 when he had all the essential elements of the BLP reactor in place. Scott did not.

Mike Carrell