> On Mar 25, 2016, at 8:33, "Jones Beene" <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> However ... it should be noted that there is one other possibility to
> consider. Zinc-64 is the most common isotope of zinc, and it is slightly
> radioactive !

I like this suggestion a lot. As 64Zn comprises nearly half of natural zinc, it
strikes me as more likely there would have been zinc impurity than that there
should be a surprisingly high relative fraction of 64Ni. If this is what
happened, I'm further surprised that Parkhamov didn't catch something so
obvious (with hindsight and/or skill).

I'm going to further wager that there was a high degree of measurement
uncertainty, obscuring a change that was minor or not at all in this case.

Eric