Jed--

IMHO you seem to select those folks who you want to believe, and distrust those
that seem to support Rossi’s comments.

Along the lines of throwing people out of offices, I was once after
interviewing for a job thrown out of a an apparently competent engineer’s
office.  The organization, 4 hours later, informed me that I got the job.  As a
result of that job, I eventually realized over a million dollars without
lifting a finger.

I concluded in the long run that  the competent engineer was more competent
than was evident based on the interview.

All I can say is there are different strokes for different folks.  Rossi is
clearly a different folk as some have suggested by highlighting his difficult
personality.

That competent engineer that I mentioned above mentored me with the motto “No
friction, no motion”.  I found it to be a way to get at the truth and to get
people to reveal their real motives, frequently hiding facts.  It did not help
me win any popularity contests, however.  And I  doubt I will be so-honored in
the future by winning.

Bob Cook