Bob Higgins--

If the system is coherent, i.e.,a quantum system, the boundary would be linked
instaneously.  For example, light emitted from a distant object that is bent by
a massive object in one direction from Earth is still coordinated with its
orginal wave front coming directly from the source and from a different
direction.  The distance that the wave front traveled as it arrived from
different directions may be  be different by light years.  However, it is still
coordinated.  This is like spooky action at a distance associated with a
quantum system extending across the Universe.   The same thing on a smaller
scale happens in a semi conductor or a crystal when an electron enters the
material system that makes up that semi conductor or crystal.  The whole
coordinated system recognizes the electron, and the energy states across the
material (macroscopic in size in some cases that are so engineered) change
instantaneously--again spooky action at a distance associated with a
coordinated (some called it entangled) quantum system.

IMHO the nano particles associated with successful LENR reflect a coherent
quantum system that can change energy states across the particle during the
correct resonant conditions created by either magnetic fields or electric
fields or both. The entire system is coordinated--entangled--and changes from a
greater potential energy to a greater kinetic energy or spin energy state
associated with electron orbital motion and/or small bits of kinetic energy
(emitted to the environment outside the material system in the form of photons
and maybe neutrinos) occur.   The major changes of energy in the system occur
among the electrons and happen one small Planck constant of angular
momentum--spin energy--at a time.  This amounts to an increase of entropy for
the entire system, whatever it entails.

Spin waves may be involved in the conditions that allow the transitions in a
given nano particle, coupling the spin energy of the nuclei with the orbital
spin energy of the electrons.  Spin waves for me are a new concept with no
discussion of them in my physics classes as I remember.

What does McCulloch say about spin waves?  You probably were not trained about
spin wave concepts either.

You now have my outlandish (but not off the cuff) opinion.

Bob Cook