Hi Russ,
[snip]
>Agreed that is the second miracle required! But is there any standing
>reported evidence for strange mishugenonistic neutron resonance, aka
>reflected neutrons, that subsequently behave in a manner effecting the lack
>of 'energetic gamma'-less absorbing of neutrons save perhaps invoking
>quasi-dark matter-like behavior, nah... ;) Perhaps said resonant conditioned
>mischugenon/neutrons would behave somewhat like normal neutrons and be
>captured preferentially by nuclei according to their neutron capture
>cross-section resulting in only rather weak emissions. Such beasties would
>be revealed by the pattern of measurable though weak emissions increasing as
>they passed through thin foils of metals with increasing neutron capture
>cross sections, I can live with that :) That's a neat experiment and result!
>http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2013/05/04/edward-teller/

Are you the "I" in this tale?

As for "mischugenons" they sound a lot like well shrunken Hydrinos. Not as small
as neutrons, so they penetrate the electron shells of atoms less easily, and
need to tunnel into the target nucleus, reducing the reaction rate. When they
merge with a target nucleus, the resultant energy can be carried by the
accompanying electron, or by the other proton if the initial particle was a
Hydrino molecule. The latter possibility in particular might account for a
considerable reduction in emitted gammas (by many orders of magnitude).

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk