Hi Russ,
[snip]
>This explanation does not apply to the ‘moving particles’ that are clearly
>involved which though mostly remaining and reacting within the solid state
>matrix are also found as strange ‘particle emissions.’

The energy of the fusion reaction might be carried away by either a fast
electron, a fast proton or a fast Hydrino.
All three of these would be penetrating particles.
Also, if a whole Hydrino molecule fuses with a target nucleus, then the energy
release can be as much as 10-20 MeV, easily enough to produce a free neutron in
some cases. Or if the Hydrino is a Deuterino, then the proton may be retained by
the target nucleus, and the neutron expelled with the energy of the reaction.
Also, a fast Hydrino might have a similar capture cross section to a neutron.

In short, there are lots of possibilities.

Also, you didn't answer the lower or higher question below.