I believe there are circular arguments going on here.  On the one hand you
are saying that neutral mesons are decaying into muons (charged) far from
the reactor.  But also there is the claim of fusion in his reactor, wherein
many are supposing MCF.  He is also measuring charged particles in his
reactor.  The decay "times" are statistical means and there will be some
probability of a decay from t = zero to infinity.  That's why it is
possible to see mesons -> muons in the reactor, more outside the reactor,
and more further away from the reactor.

So, I am saying that there are meson decays going on all along the path
from the reactor.  Muons should be easy to detect because they are charged
and likely to interact with the scintillator crystal/liquid/plastic or by
exciting photoelectron cascades in the GM tube. The fact that the
corresponding muons are not detected in ordinary LENR with GM tubes and
scintillators basically means that, in LENR, mesons are not produced.  They
may not be produced in Holmlid's reaction ... but I have to finish reading
the paper to understand the case he is claiming.