While I was ‘lobbing insults’ you were not the target. I have found your ideas
and criticisms well thought out. Some others n Vortex-l not so.

There is still the issue of Holmlid’s work being so very similar to some of the
cold fusion work in terms of experimental design and operation. That he has
some hits with similar data is intriguing and very suggestive. I for one read
Holmlid’s papers with an eye for serendipity not profound independent proof. I
forgive most for putting forth their ideas as to ‘theory’ especially when such
ideas come from experimentalists. I have much less regard, often verging on
utter disregard, for the theories of the armchair crowd though I do read such
ideas.

It is ‘troll-ism’ to hold single papers in a person’s decades of work to
scathing critiques most especially when bathed in semantics. As Thomas
Jefferson once said, “ I have no respect for a man who can spell a word only
one way.” The same is even more true with scientific semantics.

Progress in made more by active explorers following what seem to be good leads
and not by those shooting down poor leads. This is why pioneers cross many
bridges in the light of day and why trolls live festering in the dark and damp
under said bridges.