Miley and Holmlid had a lonf standing partnership in thier research where
Holmlids theories advanced in parallel with Miley. Maney of Holmlid's ideas
about LENR added hot fusion come from this partnership:

http://www.rexresearch.com/holmlid/holmlid.html

Quote:

Another reason why Olafsson feels confident the research is real is the
work of Leif Holmlid. Holmlid is professor emeritus of chemistry at the
University of Gothenburg and has a long career. He has both helped assess
potential laureates for the Nobel Committee, and has published over 200
scientific papers. Unlike most Cold Fusion/LENR researchers, the work of
both Olafsson and Holmlid very recently published their revolutionary work
on Rdyberg Matter in the prestigious journals of the American Physical
Society, with its 50,000 members it is the largest organization physicists
in the world. There will be no more “mainstream” than that."

All Holmlid;s research is peer reviewed by the APS including his custom
made research instrumentation.

Also see

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Rydberg_Atoms/Rydberg_matter/Wikipedia

for other opinions about Holmlid's contribution to the definition of
Rydberg matter. Also other professional relationships are mentioned.

Quote:

*Ultradense deuterium**The existence of ultradense deuterium is suggested
by experiment. This material, at a density of 140 kg/cm3, would be a
million times more dense than regular deuterium, denser than at the core of
the Sun. This ultradense form of deuterium may facilitate achieving
laser-induced fusion.[27] Only minute amounts of ultradense deuterium have
been produced thus far.[28][29] At the moment, it is not known how the
material is produced or if it remains stable without applied pressure,
however, there is conjecture that it is possible to produce a new stable
state of matter by compressing ultracold deuterium in a Rydberg state.[30]*
[27] Anderrson and Holmlid (2009)
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0375960109007622>[28]
Badiei,
Andersson and Holmlid (2009)
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360319908013785>[29]
Badiei,
Andersson and Holmlid (2009)
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1387380609000724> This
is the foundational paper on ultra-dense deuterium, the experimental report.
[30} Winterberg!, 2009, but on arXiv. <http://arxiv.org/abs/0912.5414> Later
published in Journal of Fusion Energy (2010)
<http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10894-010-9280-4#page-1>