So in a way you are saying "Due to the sudden increase in entropy
surrounding hurricane Irma and the arrow of time (nature tends toward an
increase in entropy), Florida's new power grid became old really fast."

Just checking to see how my new model fits, seems OK so far.

Or another way "Hurricane Irma broke chiral symmetry and Florida's power
grid"

The real test will be to see how quickly power is restored, hurricane Wilma
took 3 weeks.  I bet it will be longer.