It's not completely clear to me where the energy is coming from beyond
heat.  The occasional anomalous vibrational waves are converted to
electricity.  The researcher makes basically the same claims in the video
as is made in the article.

I found a link to the full paper.  Maybe that will help us understand more.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1609.06301.pdf

Jack