Hi,
[snip]
>It's not completely clear to me where the energy is coming from beyond
>heat.  The occasional anomalous vibrational waves are converted to
>electricity.  The researcher makes basically the same claims in the video
>as is made in the article.

Heat would imply a second law violation. This would only work IMO if they
combine it with a "diode". (In the paper they mention a "ratchet mechanism",
which is essentially a mechanical diode.)
In the article they mention charge transport, but without an electrical diode, I
would expect charges to be transported in both directions, with an average net
null result.

>I found a link to the full paper.  Maybe that will help us understand more.
>
>https://arxiv.org/pdf/1609.06301.pdf
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

local asymmetry = temporary success