Biberian and I caught the first glimpse and identified this same silver anomaly
at the US National Centre for Electron-Microscopy at Berkeley using a unique
SEM/TOFSIMS machine back in the early 1990’s. Jean-Paul was a visiting
scientist at the institute and managed to slip me in for some time studying my
sonofusion samples on that unique machine that had a year-long waiting list for
access time. He then volunteered and aome and work side by side in the lab that
I shared with Roger Stringham and proved he is driven by the purest of
scientific curiosity and a true friend could not be found. I know he remembers
fondly the top burrito joint in Mountain View California where we dined.

That initial work in the national lab led to extensive additional studies paid
for the Electric Power Research Institute at Charles Evans Laboratory on their
SEM and TOF SIMS instrument.  There my good friend Tom Passell and I sat for
several days with the operator of the instrument being the top expert and man
who built it. There was  a plethora of shifted isotope ratios observed,
including the Ag 107 109,  so much so it was a difficult puzzle to unravel.
This was the conorstone of my coming to understand that cold fusion is a
natural phenomenon readily observable and understandable when one creates and
observes the rare atom-ecology environment that is ultra-dense deuterium in
metals. Thanks to friend Martin Fleischmann on his considerable council to me
over the years on the uniqueness and wonder of what he called ‘gamma phase’
deuterium. Proven in my collaboration with Dr. George Chambers of NRL, as
provided by NRL director Nagel, to be quite uniquely stable once created in
palladium.