Addendum: what is specifrically involved in a generalized "superwave"
mechanism?
The answer probably involves "energy localization" as a first step in a two
step process.

There are two kinds of energy localization, one operating at the nano-scale and
one at the astro-scale. Obviously we are focusing on the nano. Brian Ahern is a
main proponent of this mechanism.

Energy localization is not net-gainful in itself - without a second step,
however, whether it be LENR or dense hydrogen, etc.

The premise is this. Many random processes can result in arbitrarily large
deviations from the mean - the so-called "rogue wave" modality, which is a
"Boltzmann's tail" on steroids. With photon emission, as opposed to phonon
vibration, this kind of massive excursion is called "super-radiance".
Fermi-Ulam acceleration is similar.

Typically with photons, there must exist a sub-radiance area in other parts of
the system to balance out the anomalous peak, but there is another chance
possibility - such that when benefiting from a second step, the peak itself
will bootstrap into a follow-on anomaly, such as a nuclear reaction.

As for a proper name - and due to the other usage in Physics for this
phenomenon (which for large scale phenomena) I prefer to call the mechanism
DPSR instead of energy-localization. DPSR is short for
Dicke-Preparata-Super-Radiance and it derives from the early days of cold
fusion when Dickie and Preparata - now neglected great thinkers - probably got
it almost right back then, almost 30 years ago

In conclusion, it is during a local energy excursion, when a rogue wave is
created, and following that a secondary reaction can occur,which can violate
conservation of energy to the extent it is nuclear or involves redundant ground
states (for those who believe in the Mills explanation). The Dardik super wave
is exactly that type of energy excursion as a first stage, but it is engineered
to be such - as opposed to being random.
------------------

  Jack,
You are right-on about the input power having never been measured (or at least
not reported) at the wall... which situation is all the more problematic since
the input power is the one key feature - the defining feature of Godes'
technique and "Q-pulse" IP, just as with all the other prior off-shoots of the
"super-wave" of Dardik.

Funny that most observers ignore Dardik and the crew at Mizzou -  who further
pioneered the pulsed input technique - and who importantly observed slight gain
in the range of COP of 1.5. That slight gain is a big deal in itself if and
when it can be validated.

The crux of the matter: Since going from the wall to any kind of cell using
structured electrical pulses is inherently lossy (as it means AC > DC >
structured pulses), there is surely lower net gain from the wall than
reported... but is it zero gain or does it confirm Dardik?

And worst of all, since it is easy and obvious to measure power at the wall -
this situation effectively means that real input was known and covered up by
Godes - most likely to placate funders. IOW - one implication is that his
continuing funding level depends on higher COP than say 1.5 - and he is not
there.

Yet from the standpoint of science - if there is any rock-solid net gain at all
- it is important to know this. Slight gain would validate the superwave, if
nothing else and refine our understanding of the limits of the LoT. There is a
convincing level of validation for low gain in the literature - but WHY is it
there and why is it strangely limited to ~ COP = 1.5 which turns up often to
the extent that it appears to be a real limit? Coincidence or systemic error?

As of now, no one can say for sure if there is some real gain or not from
Godes, despite the competence of SRI and what is claimed to be a positive
report, but which is really incomplete. SRI did not "replicate" or validate the
experiment as many on the "fan boy" news-groups contend and were well-paid in
the range of several million by Godes' funders to validate prior measurements
by him, using his equipment.

Thus, there is a bit of conflict of interest in the whole episode. And Dardik's
superwave is still out there, as a mystery.

----------------

    Jack Cole wrote:
 At one time, I had high hopes for Godes.  The more I followed him, it became
more evident that he and everyone else were enamored with his skills and
credentials as an EE.  Neither he, nor others, are skeptical enough of his
results to figure out what he has done wrong.  It probably wouldn't be that
hard to disprove--simply measure input power at the wall before his generation
of high voltage / frequency AC waveform.  Both he and others have assumed that
he is such a good electrical engineer that he never could have made a mistake
at measuring that power.  In the meantime, millions of dollars have potentially
been wasted.  I remain happy to apologize and stand corrected should Godes or
Tanzella of SRI say, "Look here, we measured input power at the wall."  He
supposedly had this electrolysis system years ago that could give you a COP of
2 years ago and could turn LENR on at will.  But in all this time, input power
at the wall has never been reported.
Jack
 Jed Rothwell  wrote::

https://coldfusionnow.org/cfnpodcast/

I was disappointed in this presentation. I think it is misguided. Godes'
business strategy makes no sense. ...