Harry Veeder wrote:
 > Paul,
 >

 > I think what you are alluding to is more correctly
called "power"
 > rather than "energy". Indeed, "power" can be
defined without the
 > concept of "energy".

Hi Harry,

The discussion was regarding PE.  So I was referring
to energy.

Harry Veeder wrote:
 > That begs the question how much PE does the
universe have?

 > Harry
 >
 > Michel Jullian wrote:
 >
 >> I didn't understand your reply, would the
elementary particle (any particle,
 >> e.g. a neutron, a quark) lose something while
falling towards a planet?

 >> BTW, I wonder if PE shouldn't be viewed as a
property of the universe rather
 >> than of an object.

Well that depends who you ask.  Some believe such PE
is unknown.  IMHO there's no such
thing as PE.  I consider B & E fields energy.

Michel Jullian wrote:
 > P.S. Again, kindly keep your reply short, and put
it on
 > top or near the top (blind people friendly
convention, they read
 > the posts by text to speech software and don't want
to hear all the
 > old stuff they already know about

Good idea.

Regards,