----- Original Message ----- From: "Harry Veeder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2007 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]: Lifters

So the lifter was oriented so it would move horizontally rather than
vertically ?

In some tests, it was set to move horizontally, in others, upwards or downwards.

I know it is going to be suggested that the added weight of the shields
increased the weight and swamped the "effect". This thought was not lost on my, so I hung the shield just below the test Lifter, with the lifter exposed
to air, to see if it could visibly push the added mass of the shields. It
did with little difficulty. When the lifter was then placed within the
shield, no thrust.

Very good. Did both tests rely on horizontal motion?

No, I did both.

--Kyle