Richard,

That is a great insight - if DAF can be use to contain
CO2 near the surface of an algae pond, without the
need of a tent (transparent roof) structure.

I was content with a moderately high precast concrete
enclosure wall, using sensors to control the CO2
release.

Silly as it seems, an open structure, as opposed to
enclosed, is BY FAR the greatest cost savings which is
available for this application... as Richard has no
doubt immediately noticed.

I agree that a gas turbine makes more sense in this
kind of application.

Unfortunately, gas turbine gen-sets in the mid range
(1-50 MW-hr) are often (at least in published costs)
not as economical as diesels, even though they should
be lower - if the volume of production were higher.

Diesels are preferred by industry in high torque
applications, and consequently are produced in greater
numbers, with lower costs, although the gap seems to
be narrowing. High torque on the low end is not needed
for this application and turbines offer much higher
reliability.

Russia seems to be able to sell gas turbines here far
more cheaply than Allison, for instance, but is that a
risk, or a temporary advantage -- down the road in
cost/reliability?

Jones