On Jul 4, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Kyle Mcallister wrote:

Alright, here's waxing ridiculous. But hey, it is the 4th, everyone around here is getting drunk and such, so why can't a mad scientist like me go out on a limb for a short period of time?

Thinking on the 1x1x1 cube (the same is rumored true of a hollow sphere)...if there is supposed to be positive energy density inside it, and it has a repulsive Casimir effect...

What if one of Bill Beatty's energy sucking resonant antennas was placed inside this thing, and made to sing at some frequency contained therein by the cube. Should it be an integral value of standing wave that 'fits' inside the thing? Put the ground reference somewhere outside the cube. Or better yet, put it between two parallel plates, spaced the same wavelength apart.

Energy sucking antenna is in the positive energy space...
Ground (low side) is in the zero (or negative) energy space...
Can we take some of the 'space stuff' that everyone calls ZPE?

Just some brain droppings to amuse.

--Kyle

My limited (and likely wrong) understanding of the zero point field is that it is a flux of virtual photons, not real photons like those that carry radio waves. Virtual photons carry near field forces, like the force between two close and static magnets, or two capacitor plates. The effect of a flux of uniformly randomly directed virtual photons with cubic distribution of wavelengths is essentially to make things jiggle. AFAIK the force from the momenta of the ZPF photon flux only manifests as a uniformly randomly directed force at nano levels, and that as the Casimir force.

I don't know what might be used as an antenna to couple to it. Perhaps a tiny waving magnetic rod, or a tiny waving charge rod? Then there is the problem of getting the radiation un-randomized, in direction and/or phase. Perhaps the energy sucking idea could work to do that. Oscillating charged parallel plates might fill the bill.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/